Tuesday, February 1, 2011

All apologies...

...are basically worthless, so I won't bother with one.  My life has sucked for the last week and a half and I've not been interested in posting.  Now that the keel has evened out a bit I feel ready to present you with skeins #5 and #6. 
Skein #5 was an 8 ounce braid of 50% tencel/50% wool that I bought from Diane of Creatively Dyed at MDS&W last year.  I spun and chain plied it into 270 yards of smooth, shiny sport weight yarn.
Skein #6 was originally a 4 ounce braid of 80% merino/20% silk gradient dyed by the lovely Kimber at Fiber Optic Yarns.  I spun it into a very fine single and chain plied it to get 228 yards of really soft worsted weight yarn.  I spun the single really tight, then plied a bit looser than I usually do to promote loft and softness in the finished yarn.  It worked beautifully.
I will be spinning at the Centre County Knitters Guild "I Heart Knitting" event at the Boalsburg firehall this Thursday evening, and hope to see many of you there!  I'm really looking forward to another visit with the truly fabu StevenA of Natural Stitches in Pittsburgh, PA!

No comments:

Post a Comment